As a company grows in size, it needs to manage a growing amount of data. More information that arrives from various sources that use different languages. They work daily with SCADAs, automata, PLCs, etc., which use different data management systems, both in regard to their format and to their setup. Different languages that limit companies when it comes to performing any change in the configuration or perform any query.
This is where Nexus Integra comes in – an IoT and Big Data platform that eliminates company dependence on hardware & software providers and data visualization.
What is Nexus Integra and what are its benefits?
Nexus Integra standardizes all data management and visualization systems of all hardware and software providers and stores them into a single data core. It therefore frees companies from this dependence, offering them a full autonomy and turning them into owners of all of their data.
It also helps organizations in transforming and improving their business through the digitalization and integration of industrial processes, fostering a cross-cutting access to the information. It is an IoT and Big Data platform that integrations all obtained data in a single place so as to obtain relevant information.
You might be interested in: What is digital transformation?: Myths and Truths
What makes Nexus Integra different from its competitors?
The main features that set this platform apart from other solutions is that it is open source, customizable, makes development easy and reduces costs.
An open-source technology
Nexus Integra is a Big Data platform fully developed using open-source technologies. This allows its architecture to be flexible and modular. Thanks to these two features, companies can be provided with a fully open platform.
Autonomous and customizable information management
This is an open IoT platform, in the sense that it offer full autonomy and independence to organizations. In other words, it eliminates their dependence on hardware and software manufacturers, sourcing the information from all kinds of industrial assets, corporate systems and proprietary databases into the platform, allowing for the configuration of any aspect of the acquisition, management and visualization on their own.
It offers four applications that allow for the creation of personalized data views, providing full awareness and control over the company since day one.
Streamlines development and reduces costs
Nowadays, all companies need to optimize their resources, including those allocated to programming and development. In order to make this task easier and less costly, Nexus Integra counts with a set of services that are available in an API.
The solution has an embedded web API to make this data completely accessible and allow the development of any vertical application based on the data core of Nexus Integra, thereby reducing production costs.
Recommended reading: 10 reasons why you should include a data acquisition system in your company
Main features and areas of application of Nexus Integra
This is a complete solution that includes advanced functionalities and highly useful features for many sectors and fields. A first-rate technology that is updated with major improvements twice a year and offers companies a number of features.
Nexus Integra Features
These characteristics imply an advantage to their customers in relation to data management, mobility, data visualization, development, client and scalability.
● Integration of any data source (sensors, IoT devices, corporate systems, proprietary databases…) from any hardware or software provider.
● Complete independence and autonomy to modify configurations in relation to the collection (temporary, add or remove variables, create variable lists…).
● Ease in the creation of a global and centralized operating environment.
● Combining scattered process data both technologically and geographically.
● Facilitating the operability and synergies between information systems.
● Connect the company with data in production and cross-reference this information with business data.
● Manage data in a simple, centralized and scalable manner.
● Uniform management of processes and heterogeneous technologies.
● Allow access to the information from anywhere.
● Remote asset control.
● Centralization of geographically scattered assets.
● For personalized data visualization apps from day one to guarantee a full knowledge and control, of the company.
● Intuitive summary chart (iframe) configuration to visualize any variable and work in combination with custom alarms.
● Creation of a unique data structure that facilitates its exploitation, management, operation and, more importantly, visualization both throughout the modules offered by Nexus Integra and third-party modules.
● Web API that makes data fully accessible for developers to be able to create high added value apps that meet the clients’ requirements based on the data core of Nexus Integra, at a much lower cost.
● Integrates existing systems and third-party applications thanks to the public API.
● Ecosystem of products and solutions based on Nexus Integra to meet any customer requirement.
● Maximize the client’s freedom and independence.
● Ability to add new elements while the platform is always available.
● Open platform that prevents companies from being bound by a proprietary technology, guaranteeing autonomy in the business’s scalability.
● Enable efficient and profitable processes and workflows.
Areas of application
Many companies from various sectors can benefit from the features offered by Nexus Integra – companies as varied as:
● Pharmaceutics & chemicals
● Food & Beverage
● Smart buildings
● Traffic management
● Security management
● Integral water cycle management
● Fuels & energy efficiency
Why choose Nexus Integra?
When companies increase their turnover they have more assets to manage and control, and on many occasions the growth is not sustainable and multiple technologies and manufacturers are integrated.
In this landscape, leveraging the data generated by processes becomes increasingly difficult, and major problems arise that are hard to address without the use of advanced technology:
● Technological dispersion: non-centralized hard to access process data
● (information silos).
● Organizational and/or geographical scattering (factories, plants, etc.).
● Independent unlinked monitoring systems. They don’t always operate online.
● Devices and machinery with proprietary and isolated control systems.
● Dependence on external and/or internal personnel.
● New processes and systems that make the problem worse.
In order to solve these issues faced by organizations in this era, one must turn to advanced technologies such as the Nexus Integra IoT and Big Data platform.