The crisis caused by the COVID situation has shown the lacks and weaknesses of the supply chains. Big commercial surfaces couldn’ afford the rythm of sales and didn’t satisfy the needs of the market making it undersupplied.
In this post we will discuss the current management of supply chains and how enteerprises can achieve greater production and efficiency in all your processes through automated solutions, capable of dealing with peak workloads, stock outs and much more.
The current supply chain management
A supply chain includes varied processes. The six components that enable proper supply chain management are:
- Planification. The fist step to carry out a series of tasks and processes is to organize and plan their order. It is essential to establish guidelines and parameters in order to reach the proposed objectives and satisfy the supply chain.
- Sourcing. Once the company has chosen the providers, the Una vez la empresa elige a sus proveedores, supply processes are monitored in order to control where the company is in terms of materials.
- Manufacturing. After the planification and sourcing is manufacturing, the main process around which the others revolve.At this point in the supply chain various activities are cordinated: acceptance of raw materials, product manufacturing, quality control, shipment preparation and delivery scheduling.
- Delivery. It involves all the processes involved in delivering the product to consumers, from order coordination through scheduling and delivery to invoicing.
- Return. It is based on the recovery of excess, unwanted and defective products in order to improve them or return them to the warehouses in the case of surplus.
- Enablement. It includes all the supporting processes that allow monitoring information in the supply chain. They include finance, human resources, information technology, facilities and portfolio management, product design, sales and quality assurance.
How to improve the supply chain of the future
In an increasingly competitive business world, it is necessary for companies to implement strategies to innovate their processes through digital transformation. Investing in technology can provide better products or services to consumers.
Automating the supply chains allow the enterprises to gain relevance in the labor market. The integral management affects the sourcing, optimizing it, manages the order of the warehouses to organize the demand, and finally ensures maximum utilization of transportation. These actions are beneficial in the medium and long term.
Benefits of automating the supply chain
The facts happened recently with the pandemia has made come out the weaknesses of the current supply chain and it is not for avoiding physical contact as people can firstly think. Automation SSI Schaefer commercial director Ángel Sánchez denies that the concern to automate supply chains is driven by physical contact and highlights other advantages that motivate companies to make the decision.
Improve intern processes
The supply chain encompasses six different processes, each of which produces a large amount of data. Automation in the supply chain involves communication between these processes, and therefore communication between the data produced. By bringing the different participants in the supply chain closer together, a more unitary process is obtained in which the flow of work is favored.
Increase the production
During the pandemic, more specifically during the quarantine that not only Spain experienced, it became evident that companies were not prepared for a change in the form of consumption. Supermarkets, but also department stores could not meet market demand. To automate the supply chain is to adapt to the peaks of work and avoid possible stock-outs thanks to increased production.
Control the logistics
The organization of the warehouses and the and order picking through automation meets logistics requirements with efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and a vision of the future, without forgetting agility, flexibility and adaptability.
Nexus Integra technology in the industry
Automation technologies 4.0 through IIoT (‘Industrial Internet of Things’) connects networks of devices, machines, robots and a multitude of elements that today form part of the chain. This allows them to operate and function automatically, reducing human intervention to a minimum and optimizing production.
Nexus Integra is the IIoT and Big Data platform that centrally controls, monitors and manages the entire supply chain.
You will be able to obtain a Podrás obtener the modeling of the process in an integrated operating environment that combines process control with process analytics. It is the true convergence between information technologies (IT) and operating technologies (OT).
Need advice? Our specialized team will provide you with a customized solution.