Equipment performance monitoring is an inherent part of Industry 4.0, as it requires unprecedented efficiency and optimisation. As with warehouse management 4.0 or any other aspect of enterprise. It is essential to digitise these areas to improve performance, reduce costs and increase business production.
In this way, the objective of monitoring the performance of technicians is to evaluate productivity and efficiency, improving results and promoting the sustainability of the company.
Action to monitor the performance of technical equipment
As a starting point, it is important to point out and establish which are the most basic measures to carry out a correct monitoring of the team without falling into a constant vigilance, which could transmit mistrust in the team.
- Start from a baseline. In order to improve any aspect of a company, it will always be necessary to start from the starting point to define the path to follow. Where is the company? What is the current working time?
- Reward teams. To show employees that performance monitoring is positive for everyone and that their work is valued, it is important to reward the most productive teams.
- Encourage continuous improvement. Using the data collected through a centralised platform is essential to continue to evolve and grow the rest of the team.
Key indicators to measure technician performance
The KPIs that you can collect through your platform such as Nexus Integra should provide valuable information to help analyse the data of each technician to extract their individual efficiency. These are some of the most important indicators to be able to measure and evaluate the performance of the technical team:
- Average response time. Essential, above all, for those companies that offer 24-hour assistance.
- Average repair time. To calculate the efficiency of the team, it is important to monitor this type of information.
- Average work completion time: How long does it take to repair a breakdown? This indicator measures how long it takes to solve an incident from the time it is reported until it is completely finished.
- Average overtime. Keeping track of this data will prevent overwork and improve overall forecasting.
- Services assigned per technician. This KPI is perfect to look for the efficiency of the workers.
Advantages of monitoring the technical team
Monitoring the maintenance team helps to improve the state of the company from several perspectives:
- Energy efficiency. This is already an inherent part of Industry 4.0 and its improvement is one of the most important benefits. Acquiring data and improving equipment performance achieves maximum output
- Safety at work. Thanks to the development of predictive maintenance programmes, these techniques take advantage of the data collected to predict when technical failure will occur. In this case, in addition to minimising failures, it will contribute to improving the safety of the workforce.
- Reduction of manpower processes. By optimising processes, we will have real-time access to data from various platforms, freeing a large part of the team from certain tasks so that they can focus on others that are much more relevant.
- A more motivated workforce. By automating some activities, you will achieve a much more productive and motivated team.
Monitor your team and improve your business performance
Nexus Integra is the integrated operations platform that allows you to achieve complete digital transformation.
In addition to real-time control, monitoring and management of physical assets and your entire organisation, you can integrate analytical data across the board and combine it with the overall performance of your facilities, billing, staff, plant and administration, etc.
Make better data-driven decisions for your team and your business.